Thursday, December 1, 2011

dreaming, daring... draw


It is interesting how therapeutic expressing oneself through art can be. The flow of emotion to pen can sooth the mind while invigorating hope.

Thoughts circle our hearts while often getting tangled in its strings. I find that the easy flow of turmoil, joy, love and sadness find a more pleasing route through fingers... I am no Degas, but I do love the vulnerability of exposing the mind's eye on paper and pad.

This is a picture of Aslan adorned with a wreath of words describing the attributes of a benevolent king and gentle father... As I was meditating on these adjectives I soaked in the weight of their meaning and marinated in their goodness. Basking in the hope to be permeated by them and emit His likeness.


No comments:

Post a Comment